I have to be honest with you, I have a problem with salty, crunchy snacks! I just can’t stop eating them ha ha…But, thankfully, these easy sourdough discard crackers are relatively healthy and create a lot less guilt on my part when I eat a few to many, wink wink!
Keeping a sourdough starter means that at times you may have quite a bit of discard depending on how often and how much you feed your starter. I have several recipes I use to take care of that! But, these are probably my favorite.Jump to Recipe
You only need 4 ingredients for these crackers: Sourdough starter (can definitely be discard), olive oil, salt, and herbs (which are totally optional).
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium sized bowl, add 200 grams sourdough starter or just under a cup. Add 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of high quality olive oil. Add in a pinch of salt and herbs. I use Italian herb mix.
Mix until completely combined and smooth. Sprinkle coarse sea salt on top.
Prepare a half sheet pan with a piece of parchment paper. Spread the mixture evenly and thinly on the paper.
Place in preheated oven for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Score the crackers with a pizza cutter and put back in the oven for 20-30 minutes based on your oven. Keep an eye on them and when they start to brown around the edges they are ready!
Place on a cooling rack and once they are cooled, break them apart and store in an airtight container.
I hope you will give this recipe a try! The recipe below is printable!
See you soon!
Sourdough Discard Crackers
- 1 Half Sheet Pan
- 1 Piece of Parchment Paper
- 200 grams Sourdough Starter (discard) Just under a cup
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Herbs (optional)
- Coarse Sea Salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Combine all ingredients except coarse sea salt in a medium bowl until well combined.
- On a half sheet pan with parchment paper, spread the mixture evenly and thinly.
- Sprinkle the coarse sea salt on top.
- Bake initially for 10 minutes and remove from oven. Score the crackers and return to the oven for 20-30 minutes. When they start to brown around the edges, they are ready.
- Place on cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
- Break apart and store in an airtight container.