We all have those times when we need a loaf of bread yesterday! Well, with this recipe you can have fresh bread in under 2 hours!
I have been making our bread for many years now. I usually opt for an overnight Sourdough bread recipe. However, there are those times when I forget to put my bread on the night before, or, I am under the weather and just want a quick loaf of bread. This recipe, even though a quick recipe, still produces a delicious and fluffy loaf of bread.Jump to Recipe
All you need is flour, water, oil, salt, honey (optional), and instant yeast.
The end result is a delicious, soft sandwich bread that will impress your family, especially when you tell them you just threw it together, ha ha!
In the bowl of a stand mixer or in a large mixing bowl, add 1 1/4 cup lukewarm water. Add 2 TBSP olive oil, optionally add 1 TBSP honey, agave, or maple syrup, 1 1/2 TSP salt, 2 1/4 TSP instant yeast, and 2 of the 3 cups of flour. You can use all purpose, whole wheat, or freshly ground flour.
Mix on speed 2 and only add the extra flour 1/4 cup at a time until the dough comes away from the sides of the mixer.
Knead for 6-8 minutes. Alternatively, you can hand knead until it is glossy and stretchy.
Lightly oil your work surface and turn the dough out of the bowl. Pat it down into a rectangle and roll it up. You don’t have to stress about shaping a loaf. Just make sure you roll it out to remove any big bubbles.
Place shaped dough into a 1 pound loaf pan. Cover with plastic or damp tea towel and allow to rise until doubled. After 30 minutes, preheat oven 350 degrees F with the loaf pan sitting on top of the stove while it preheats.
After the oven has preheated, place the loaf in the oven for 40 minutes.
Allow to cool on a cooling rack before slicing.
Enjoy! See you soon!
Bread in under 2 hours
- 1 1 Pound Loaf Pan
- 1 Stand Mixer
- 1 1/4 Cups Lukewarm Water
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp honey can use agave or maple syrup, or omit all together
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 3 cups Flour Can use All Purpose or Whole Wheat
- Add lukewarm water to stand mixer bowl. Add all other ingredients, however, only add 2 cups of the flour at first. Mix until combined and add the remainder of the flour 1/4 cup at a time until it pulls from the side of the bowl.
- Knead 6-8 minutes.
- Turn dough onto a lightly greased surface and pat out into a rectangle. Roll into a loaf shape and place in 1 pound loaf pan.
- Allow to rise 30 minutes covered with plastic or damp tea towel.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and allow the dough to rise further until the oven is preheated. Tip: Allow the dough to rise on top of the oven while it preheats.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Allow to cool on cooling rack completely before slicing.